Chris James’s Coat of Arms bimonthly mixes provide a good pick-me up when there is little ear-fodder to be found, but I have to say; they can be a little hit and miss. I want to like them, but sometimes they seem a little hurried. I completely retract that when it comes to this offering for Data Transmission, which is well thought-through, carefully crafted and perfectly poised.
Chris says his own favourite in the 1 hour 20 is Bicep‘s Stash (out on Aus) and I heartily agree with him. There’s nothing quite like a creeping bassline, and with this just kept inching that volume button on the stereo up.
Another notable inclusion is Leon Vynehall‘s Sister, also out on Aus, and such a great summer disco track, leading into a little bit of a beat reprieve before we have another creeper when Terrence Pearce‘s Poise sneaks itself in.
All in all, well done that man. He says he’s got lots of things coming up in the next few months, including a release under his Purple Velvet moniker, so expect chilled disco and summer vibes.
1. Lorca – Giant Stars (2020 Midnight Visions)
2. Deetron – Can’t Love You More (Music Man)
3. Bicep – Stash (Aus)
4. Leon Vynehall – Sister (Aus)
5. Squarehead – Be Without (Wolf Music)
6. Fred Everything ft Wayne Tennant – Mercyless (AtJazz Unreleased Astro Remix) (Lazy Days)
7. Terrence Pearce – Poise (Futureboogie)
8. Shenoda – Love Thing (Saints & Sonnets)
9. Leftwing & Kody – Burning Up (Coat Of Arms Remix) (Off)
10. Huxley – Who Am I (Rinse)
11. Joy Orbison – BRTHDTT (Non Plus)
12. Coat Of Arms – Take Me Away (Gruuv)
13. Deetron ft Ovasoul7 – Out Of My Head (KiNK Dub) (Music Man)
14. Coat Of Arms ft Ria Moran – Mesmerised (Gruuv)
15. Headless Ghost – Basik Fire (Clone Records)